Espoma Organic Soil Acidifier
- 4 lbs
- Turns hydrangeas blue
- Lowers the pH of soils for optimum growth of acid-loving plants
- Derived from Elemental Sulfur & Gypsum
- Great for blueberries
- Safer than Aluminum Sulfate*
We recommend wearing gardening gloves when feeding your plants
Hydrangeas & Blueberries:Apply in the spring to lower soil pH.
- New Plantings: 1-1/4 cups per plant.
- Established Plants: 2-1/2 cups per plant
- Spread evenly around the plant out to the drip line and water well. Repeat in 60 day intervals until desired pH or bloom color is achieved.
Potted Plants: One tbsp. for each 4˝ of pot diameter.
Broadcast Rate: Apply 12 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. for each one point reduction in soil pH desired. For heavy clay soils increase rate to 15 lbs. Gradual reduction in soil pH is preferred as dramatic reduction can result in stress.
As a Fertilizer: Apply 1/2 cup per 100 square feet (1 tablespoon per plant) around the root zone
*Safer than Aluminum Sulfate due to potential toxic levels of Aluminum with continued use of Aluminum Sulfate.